Pork with Basil Sauce and Coconut Rice
* 2 tbsp turmeric powder
* 1 tsp salabat mix
* 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 4 (150 gram) pork chops
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 cups white rice (use Doῆa Maria Miponica)
* 1 ½ cup coconut milk
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 3 tbsp basil leaves, chopped
* 1 tsp sugar
* lemon juice, from half to 1 lemon
* 1 bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo), chopped
1) Combine turmeric, salabat mix, fish sauce, garlic and onions in a bowl; mix well. Add pork, coat with mixture and marinate for a few minutes. Set aside.
2) Meanwhile, make the coconut rice: Combine all ingredients and 1 cup water in a rice cooker. Steam until cooked. (Add more water, if needed)
3) Make the basil sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve hot with coconut rice, basil sauce and lemon wedges on the side.