Peri-Peri Chicken Wings
* ½ cup olive oil
* 6 bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo); remove seeds if you want less heat
* 2 cloves garlic
* 2 tsp sweet paprika
* 2 tsp whiskey
* lemon juice, from 1 ½ lemons
* 1 ½ tsp salt
* 1 ½ cup potato starch
* 1 tsp salt
* vegetable oil (for deep frying)
1) Make the peri-peri sauce: Combine olive oil, chilies, garlic, paprika, whiskey, lemon juice and salt in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well combined. Set aside (Note: This will make about ½ cup peri-peri sauce. Store in a sterilized airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
2) Mix potato starch and salt in a large bowl. Dredge chicken thinly in mixture and shake off excess.
3) Heat oil to 350◦F in a large pot. Deep fry chicken in batches until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. Drain on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, place chicken in a bowl, pour in peri-peri sauce and toss to combine.
4) Serve peri-peri chicken wings with mango salsa and steamed rice.