Vermicelli Salad With Grilled Chicken
* ¼ cup vinegar
* ¼ cup water
* 1 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. red bell pepper, diced
* 1 tsp. white onion, diced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. pepper
* ½ kilo chicken breast, sliced
* 1 (200 gram) pack vermicelli, cooked according to package directions
* 1 small carrot, grated
* 3 tbsp. peanuts
* ¼ cup cucumber, cut into strips, seeds removed
* green onions, sliced (to serve)
* lettuce, sliced (to serve)
* basil leaves (for garnish)
1) Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until sugar dissolves. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2) Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and marinate, covered, for 15 to 30 minutes.
3) Pre-heat a grill pan or a charcoal grill. Grill chicken for 10 to 15 minutes; set aside.
4) Divide vermicelli among 4 bowls. Arrange carrots, peanuts, cucumber strips, green onions, lettuce and chicken in the bowls. Drizzle dressing over salad or serve on the side. Garnish with basil leaves.