Spanish Pisto (Spanish Vegetable Stir Fry)
* 4 tbsp olive oil
* 1 medium white onion, cut into ¼ inch cubes
* 6 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 chorizo Pamplona, or any dried chorizo, cut into ½-inch cubes
* 2 tbsp tomato paste
* 1 yellow bell pepper, small, seeded and cut into 1/3-inch cubes
* 1 red bell pepper, small, seeded and cut into 1/3-inch cubes
* 400 to 500 grams zucchini, cut into ¾-inch cubes
* 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, seeded and chopped into 1/3-inch pieces, juice reserved
* 8 medium eggs
* extra virgin olive oil and toasted crusty bread slices (to serve)
1) Heat olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium low heat; Sauté onions until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, chorizo and tomato paste. Cook for 10 minutes until paste has darkened.
2) Add bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Add tomatoes and reserved juice. Increase heat to medium and stir frequently. Once mixture simmers, reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until vegetables have begun to soften, about 20 to 25 minutes. If mixture dries out, add water to loosen mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Make 8 wells in the sauce and break an egg into each. Sprinkle each egg with salt and pepper. Cover pan and cook until whites have set but egg yolks are still runny, about 6 minutes. Drizzle with extra virgin oil and serve with bread slices.