* 2-3 tbsp olive oil
* ½ cup onion, diced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* ¼ cup dry white wine
* 1 can (800 gram) diced tomatoes
* 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 3 cups onions, thinly sliced
* 4 cups mushrooms, sliced (combination of fresh button, portobello and shitake)
* ¼ cup red wine
* ¼ cup butter
* ¼ cup all purpose flour
* 2 ½ cup fresh milk
* white pepper (to taste)
* pinch of nutmeg
* 9 sheets spinach lasagna, boiled until al dente
* ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
* ½ cup mozzarella, grated
1) Make the marinara: Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until slightly golden in color. Add garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant. Add white wine. Let it reduce by half, then add canned tomatoes. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Add fresh basil, salt and pepper. Puree the mixture in a blender if you prefer a smoother sauce.
2) Prepare the filling: Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add onions; cook until wilted and caramel in color. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Add red wine, if using. Allow to reduce until almost dry. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3) Make the béchamel sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, allowing it to cook. Slowly pour in milk while whisking briskly to avoid lumps. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir continuously until béchamel sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Set aside.
4) Cook lasagna according to package directions until al dente. Lay out on a greased tray so the noodles won’t stick together.
5) Assemble the lasagna: Thinly cover the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan with marinara sauce. Add a layer of lasagna noodles. Top with a layer of béchamel sauce and a layer of mushrooms. Top with another layer of lasagna. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Top with a thick layer of béchamel sauce. Sprinkle a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on top.
6) Bake in a 375˚F oven until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Meatless Lasagna by YouRecipe.Net
Meatless Zucchini Lasagna by Taste of Home
Meatless Lasagna by Dash and a Pinch