White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
* ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
* ¾ cup light brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* 1 tsp baking soda
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 cup white chocolate, chopped
* ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
* ½ cup pistachios (use salted pistachios), chopped
1) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add sugar and mix on medium high-speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
2) Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a bowl until combined. Slowly add ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Mix in chocolate, cranberries and pistachios until well distributed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
4) Thaw dough for about 10 minutes to make it easier to handle. Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball using your hands. Flatten it out a bit on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
5) Bake in the pre-heated oven until light golden brown around the edges, about 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.