Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles
* PAM Baking Spray
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 envelopes (0.96 oz. each) Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
* 2 tsps. ancho chili powder, divided
* ¼ tsp. baking soda
* ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
* ¼ tsp. salt
* ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
* ½ cup granulated sugar
* 1 egg
* ½ tsp. vanilla extract
* 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
* ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with baking spray.
2) Stir together flour, cocoa, 1 teaspoon chili powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in small bowl; set aside. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until blended. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
3) Stir together 2 tablespoons sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar mixture and place on baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until just set. Let cool 1 minute then remove to wire racks to cool completely.