* 2 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp white onion, finely minced
* 2 tbsp carrot, finely minced
* 1 tbsp celery, finely minced
* 1 ¼ cup tuna flakes (about 2 155-gram cans)
* ¾ cup all purpose cream
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (about 150 grams)
* freshly cracked black peppercorns (to taste)
* 20 pcs store-bought puff pastry, cut into 4-inch by 2-inch rectangles
* 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water, for egg wash
* vegetable oil (for frying)
1) Melt butter in a saucepan.
2) Saute white onions until translucent, about 1 minute. Add ands aute carrots until cooked, about 1 minute. Add and saute celery until cooked, about 1 minute.
3) Add the tuna and stir to break it down, about 1 minute. Add the cream and cook until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the cheese and cook until completely melted, about 1 minute. Season to taste with freshly cracked black peppercorns. Set aside and let cool completely.
4) Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of cooled filling onto 1 piece of puff pastry. Top with another piece of pastry and press down the edges of the pie with a fork so seal them. Brush the top with egg wash, repeat with the other 9 pies, and let set in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5) Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry the tuna pie until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Drain on a cooling rack lined with paper towels and serve immediately. Alternatively, bake tuna pies in an oven set to 375°F for 30 minutes until golden brown.