* 4 pork cutlets, skin and fat trimmed
* 2 tsps. sesame oil
* ½ cup all-purpose flour
* 1 large egg
* 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
* Tonkatsu sauce (to serve)
* steamed rice (to serve)
* salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
* oil (for pan frying)
1) Using a meat mallet, pound pork cutlets until thin. Rub sesame oil into pork, then season with salt and ground black pepper on both sides.
2) Prepare the breading station: Lightly dredge pork cutlets in flour, dunk in egg, then in panko breadcrumbs. Press breadcrumbs onto the surface if needed. Repeat with remaining pork.
3) Heat a frying pan with enough oil for pan-frying over medium heat. Pan fry pork in hot oil until browned on both sides and pork is cooked through. Drain on a rack over paper towels. Set aside.
4) To serve, fill 4 bowls with steamed rice. Cut each pork into strips on a cutting board. Place on top of rice, and drizzle with tonkatsu sauce. Serve with sliced cabbage and sesame dressing on the side.