Spicy Peanut Chicken and Tofu
* 1 ½ cups red rice, rinsed
* 2 cups water
* 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed
* 1 pack snow peas, trimmed
* 2 small blocks tofu, cubed
* 2 fillets chicken breast, skin removed, cubed
* ¼ cup soy sauce
* ¼ cup honey
* 1 tsp sriracha
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
* ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
* oil (for frying)
1) In the bowl of a rice cooker, combine rice, water and chickpeas. Set to cook. Once done, gently fluff rice. Place snow peas in steamer basket of rice cooker. Cover and set to cook again. Keep warm.
2) Meanwhile, heat a deep frying pan with enough oil to reach halfway up the sides. Add tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
3) Remove excess oil, leaving just enough to stir fry. Season and toss chicken with salt and ground pepper. Place in frying pan and stir fry until cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside with tofu.
4) In a medium bowl, stir together soy sauce, honey, sriracha, garlic and peanut butter.
5) To serve, place rice in bowl, top with steamed snow peas, tofu and chicken chunks. Drizzle tofu and chicken with peanut sauce and serve immediately.