Brown Butter Mushroom Pasta
* 8 ounces spaghetti
* 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 cup breadcrumbs (fresh French style)
* kosher salt
* freshly ground black pepper
* 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
* 3 cloves garlic (minced)
* 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (thinly sliced)
* 4 sprigs thyme
* 2 tbsp. parsley leaves (chopped)
1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
2) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until browned and toasted, about 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
3) Melt butter inthe skillet over low heat, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the butter starts to foam. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4) Stir in mushrooms and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5) Serve pasta immediately, topped with mushroom-butter mixture and breadcrumbs, garnished with parsley, if desired.