Pasta Al Limone
* 5 tbsp. (70 grams) unsalted butter)
* finely grated zest of 1 lemon plus fresh juice to taste and additional grated zest for serving
* 1 medium clove garlic, minced
* kosher salt
* 1 pound (450 grams) fresh spaghetti)
* 1 oz. (30 grams) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
* freshly ground black pepper
1) In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat until foaming. Lower heat to low, add lemon zest and garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until just shy of al dente. Reserve about 1 cup (240ml) of the starchy pasta water, then drain pasta.
3) Add pasta to butter mixture, along with 1/2 cup (120ml) reserved pasta water. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring and tossing to coat, until pasta is glazed in a satiny, emulsified sauce.
4) Add grated cheese and toss and stir rapidly until sauce thickens; if it becomes too tight and dry at any time, add more pasta-cooking water to loosen it sufficiently. Add lemon juice to taste, starting with 1 tablespoon (15ml), then adding more until desired tartness is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Serve spaghetti right away, topping each serving with additional grated lemon zest and cheese.