Peanut and Honey Pasta
* 1 tbsp. sea salt
* 400 grams spaghetti
* 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (peanut oil)
* 4 tbsp. peanuts, use raw peanuts, skin left on
* 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
* 1 cup carrots, julienned and blanched
* 1 cup red bell peppers, julienned and blanched
* ½ cup sliced green onions ( ½ inch pieces), divided
* ¼ cup peanut butter
* 2 tbsp. honey
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce (use Japanese soy sauce)
* 1 tsp. sesame oil
* 2 tsps. calamansi juice
* chili flakes or sliced bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo) , to taste
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt. Cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add peanuts and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until peanuts are cooked through. Set aside.
3) Make the dressing: Whisk together all ingredients.
4) Drain noodles and reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water. Toss pasta with dressing then add carrots, bell peppers and half of the green onions. Add pasta water if pasta is too dry.
5) Top with peanuts, garlic and remaining green onions. Serve immediately.