Brown Bibimbap Rice
* 500 grams sukiyaki-cut beef
* 1 small pear, peeled and pureed
* 3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. brown sugar
* 1 tbsp. sriracha
* 2 tbsp. canola oil
* 6 tbsp. sesame oil
* 3 tbsp. garlic, minced
* 2 tsps. soy sauce
* 3 cups water
* 1 cup zucchini, sliced into rounds then into strips
* 1 cup bean sprouts, cleaned, washed and drained
* 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, fresh, julienned
* 1 cup carrots, peeled and julienned
* 1 cup spinach leaves, packed
* 4 cups brown rice
* 4 fried eggs
* gochujang (to serve)
1) Prepare the beef: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
2) When ready to cook, heat canola oil in a large frying pan. Cook beef until slightly caramelized. Set aside.
3) Combine sesame oil, garlic and soy sauce in a large bowl. Set aside.
4) Pour water into a pot and bring to a boil. In separate batches, blanch zucchini, bean sprouts, mushrooms, carrots and spinach. Toss blanched vegetables and mushrooms in the prepared garlic and soy sauce mixture. Set aside.
5) Place 1 cup of rice in a serving bowl. Arrange vegetables, mushrooms and cooked beef on top. Top with a fried egg. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more bowls. Serve with gochujang on the side.