Cheesy Chipotle Cauliflower Casserole (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
* 1 head cauliflower
* 2 tbsp. heavy cream
* 1 tbsp. butter
* ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
* 1 tbsp. chipotles in adobo sauce (or more chopped, canned)
* ¼ tsp. garlic powder
* ½ cup salsa verde
* ½ cup sour cream
* ½ cup tomatoes (chopped raw)
* ¼ cup pickled jalapenos (chopped, optional)
* 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
* Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces. Place in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 Tbsp of cream and 1 Tbsp of butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes. Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture. Microwave for another six-eight minute on high (or until cauliflower is tender). Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor along with the cheese, chipotles, and garlic powder. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1) Spread the puree in an 8 x 8 casserole dish. Spread on the sour cream, then the salsa verde. Sprinkle the chopped tomatoes and jalapenos on top. Cover with the shredded cheese.
2) Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes at 375 degrees (F), or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.