Cheesy Vegetable Gratin
* 1 small head broccoli, florets only
* 1 small head cauliflower, florets only
* 1 large carrot, peeled, roughly chopped
* ½ cup all-purpose cream
* 1 (250 gram) pack evaporated milk
* ½ cup quick melting cheese, grated
* ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
* ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
* salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Pre-heat oven to 400◦F.
2) Bring a pot of water to a boil then lower to a simmer. Season with salt. Blanche broccoli, cauliflower and carrot in the boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and transfer to a medium baking dish (about 8”x5”). Set aside.
3) Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat cream and evaporated milk. Add cheeses and stir until melted. Season with ground black pepper to taste. Pour over vegetables and top with cheese mix.
4) Bake in the oven until cheese mix has melted or until beginning to brown. Serve while hot.