Tomato and Mozzarella Penne Pasta
* 250 grams penne pasta
* 1 cup mozzarella, grated
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water and drain.
2) Transfer warm pasta to a bowl and immediately add mozzarella cheese and diced tomatoes. Mix well until cheese is melted. If mixture is too dry, add reserved pasta water by the tablespoon.
3) Add basil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Divide among bowls and serve immediately. Alternatively, you can refrigerate the pasta and serve it cold.