Tuna and Tomato Rice
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 small red onion, peeled, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
* 1 (184 gram can) canned tuna chunks in oil
* ½ cup garbanzos, drained
* ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
* 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, cubed
* 1 tbsp tomato paste
* 3 cups day old rice
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) In a large wok over medium heat, heat oil. Once hot, add onion, then garlic, cooking until softened and fragrant. Add tuna and half its oil and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2) Add garbanzos, peas and bell pepper. Cook, sautéing, until just heated through. Stir in tomato paste.
3) Toss in rice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until just heated through. Remove from heat and serve.