Onion Fried Chicken
* 1 clove garlic, peeled, very finely minced
* 1 small red onion, peeled, very finely chopped
* 1 tbsp oyster sauce
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp ground black pepper
* ¼ tsp ground cumin
* 1 tbsp cornstarch
* 1 kilo chicken pieces
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* ½ tsp salt or to taste
* ¼ tsp ground black pepper or to taste
* oil (for deep frying)
1) In a large bowl, stir garlic, onion, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, cumin and cornstarch until it forms a paste. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate overnight.
2) Season flour with salt and pepper; mix. Drip drain a chicken piece and dredge in seasoned flour. Repeat with remaining chicken. Set aside.
3) In a pressure cooker over medium heat, heat about 2 liter oil for deep frying, enough to cover the chicken. Using tongs, place half of the chicken into cooker. Oil should sizzle. Lock lid, and pressure cook 10 minutes. Release pressure before opening lid. Transfer chicken to paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces. Serve with steamed rice or mashed potatoes.