Tasty Tandoori Grilled Chicken
* ¾ cup (175 mL) plain yogurt
* 1 ½ slice (7 mL) garam masala spice
* ½ tsp. (2 mL) turmeric
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp. (15 mL) finely grated ginger
* ¼ tsp. (1 mL) salt
* freshly ground pepper
* 1 lb. (500 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* ¼ tsp. (1 mL) each , salt and cayenne pepper
* 3 tbsp. (45 mL) lemon juice, about 1 lemon
* 2 peaches, pitted and cut into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces
* 2 tbsp. (30 mL) red pepper, finely chopped
* 2 tbsp. (30 mL) red onion, finely chopped
* ¼ tsp. (1 mL) each, hot red chili flakes and salt
* 2 tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice
* 1 tbsp. (15 mL) finely chopped fresh coriander
1) Marinade: In a medium bowl, stir yogurt with garam masala, turmeric, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
2) Chicken: Place chicken in a dish just large enough to hold it. Using a sharp knife, make a few shallow slashes in each piece of chicken to allow marinade to penetrate. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Sprinkle lemon juice over chicken, trying to get it into slashes. Pour yogurt marinade over chicken, turning to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
3) Peach Salsa: Place chopped peaches in a bowl along with red pepper, onion, chili flakes and salt; stir. Add lime juice and coriander. Refrigerate if not using right away.
4) Grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high. Remove chicken from yogurt mixture, leaving any yogurt clinging to it. Place on grill. Barbecue for 10 to 13 min, turning occasionally, brushing frequently with leftover marinade and moving to a cooler side of grill if needed, until chicken is cooked through. Serve with peach salsa.