Tomato Soup with Pepperoni and Beans
* 2 tbsp oil, divided
* 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
* 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (use 400 gram can)
* 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (use 400 gram can)
* ¼ tsp paprika
* 2 red onions, chopped
* 5 cloves garlic, chopped
* 4 cups beef broth
* ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
* ¾ cup canned tomatoes, diced
* 1 cup day old rice
* salt (to taste)
* black pepper (to taste)
1) Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add then sauté pepperoni. Stir in chickpeas and white beans. Season with paprika, salt and pepper; sauté until heated through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2) In the same pot, heat remaining oil. Add onion and garlic; sauté until softened. Pour in beef broth, bring to a boil, and lower heat to simmer. Stir in tomatoes, peas, rice and pepperoni mixture into the pot. Simmer until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve while hot.