Pork Sinigang sa Mangga
* 1 slab pork belly, lechon kawali cut (around ½ kg), tenderized, cubed
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 red onion, peeled, quartered
* 1 large green mango, thinly sliced
* 4 cups pork stock from lechon kawali
* 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
* 1 piece siling pangsigang
* 5 pieces okra, halved diagonally
* 1 bunch kangkong, leaves and tender stems, rinsed
* 1 tsp patis (or to taste)
* oil (for deep frying)
1) Heat enough oil in a deep, heavy bottomed pot for deep frying. Add cubed pork into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove browned pork and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add and cook onion until softened. Add green mango slices and cook, stirring, until softened. Mixture will begin to mash together. Pour in stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring. Add tomatoes, sili, okra and kangkong stems and cook until softened.
3) Taste and season with patis. Add lechon kawali cubes and cook until heated through. Stir in kangkong leaves before serving.