Spicy Tahini Palmiers
* ¼ cup or 60 grams tahini
* 1 fresh red chili pepper
* 1 clove garlic
* ½ tsp. paprika
* ¼ tsp. salt
* 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry, thawed
1) Chop chili finely. You can deseed first if you’d like to reduce the amount of spiciness. Put tahini, chopped chili, garlic, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Stir well.
2) Unroll your thawed puff pastry on top of a large piece of cling film.Spread your paste evenly over the pastry, making sure to go all the way to edges.
3) Use the cling film underneath to help you fold the bottom in to the middle.
4) Now fold the bottom over the top side as if you are closing a long book.
5) Use the cling film under the roll to tightly cover it and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6) Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
7) Unwrap the roll and cut it in half. Rewrap one half and put it back in the refrigerator. Cut the other half in half inch or 1 cm slices with a sharp knife.
8) Lay the slices on a baking pan lined with parchment or a non-stick silicone mat. Leave room between them for puffing and spreading.
9) Bake for 10-12 minutes in your preheated oven on one side and then flip and bake 5-6 minutes more on the other, or until golden and crispy. Cool on a wire rack.
10) Repeat the process with the second half of the roll. This makes about 20 spicy tahini palmiers.