Avocado Panna Cotta
* 2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
* 2 cups milk or coconut milk, divided
* 1 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
* 3 tbsp honey, plus more to drizzle
* ¼ tsp fine salt
* flesh from 1 medium ripe avocado, plus extra to serve
* 1 to 2 pinches ground green cardamom or cinnamon
*toasted coconut (to serve)
1) Sprinkle gelatin over ½ cup milk; whisk. Let mixture stand for about 5 minutes.
2) Heat cream, honey, salt and 1 cup milk in a small pot over low heat. Add gelatin-milk mixture ; whisk constantly. Remove from heat before it comes to a simmer. Allow to cool.
3) Combine remaining milk, avocado and cardamom or cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth. Whisk avocado mixture into gelatin mixture. Allow to come to room temperature.
4) Pour mixture into cups or ramekins. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight until set.
5) Serve in cups or transfer to dessert plates. Top with toasted coconut. Serve avocado slices on the side. Drizzle with honey before serving.