* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* ½ tsp dried thyme
* 1 can diced tomatoes (800 grams)
* 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 6 large eggs
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* water as needed
* pan de sal (to serve)
1) Heat oil in a large cast iron pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until starting to brown slightly. Add garlic and cook until softened.
2) Sprinkle with thyme and stir until aromatic. Add tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and stir until just mixed. Cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Bring to a boil then simmer. Break eggs on top of tomato mixture then cover. Simmer until eggs are just set. Serve with pan de sals.