Creamy Spaghetti Squash
* 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
* 1 tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
* pinch of salt
* 1 small onion, finely diced
* 1 clove of garlic, minced
* 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
* 1 tsp (5 mL) basil
* 1 cup (250 mL) 10% cream
* 1 tbsp. (15 mL) flour
1) To start, pre-heat your oven to 375°F.
2) Prepare the squash by cutting it in half, lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Brush with olive oil, and season with salt. Then, bake on a foil-lined cookie sheet, rind side up, for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and using a fork separate the strands of spaghetti. Now scoop out spaghetti strands, and set aside both the strands and hulled out squash for later.
3) In a large skillet, heat up the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic for 4 minutes, until translucent. Then, add spaghetti squash, herbs, seasoning, and cream. Stir in flour, and cook for an additional 4 minutes until creamy, constantly stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Finally, return spaghetti mixture to the hulled out squash, sprinkle with cheese, and bake at 450°F for 5 minutes until cheese melts. Remove from oven and serve!