* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp garlic, minced
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 small banana bosom (puso ng saging), sliced
* 4 eggplants, sliced
* 1 bundle string beans (sitaw), cut into 2-inch pieces
* ½ cup annatto water infused with annatto seeds
* ½ cup creamy peanut butter
* 1 ½ kilos ox tripe, washed with salt and boiled
* 4 cups water
* 1 cup ground peanuts
* ½ cup toasted ground rice
* 1 bundle pechay or bok choy
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* ½ cup shrimp paste (bagoong), to serve
1) Heat oil in a large saucepot. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant.
2) Add puso ng saging, eggplant, and string beans.
3) Strain annatto seeds and discard. add annatto water and peanut butter to the pot. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
4) Add ox tripe, water, ground peanuts, and ground rice. Stir gently and simmer until thick.
5) Add pechay or bok choy. Season to taste. Serve with bagoong and rice.