Garlic-Calamansi Chicken Skewers
* 1 ½ cup mayonnaise
* ½ cup coconut vinegar
* ¼ cup sugar
* 1 to 2 tbsp. chili sauce
* ½ tsp. salt, plus more to season
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp. calamansi juice
* 4 halves chicken breast, boneless, skinless
* olive oil (for grilling)
* 2 tbsp. olive oil
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed, then mixed with 1 tablespoon water
* 1.2 kilos spinach, trimmed and cleaned
* 1 to 2 tbsps. fresh calamansi juice
1) Make the sauce: Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, chili sauce, salt, pepper, garlic and calamansi juice. Divide mixture into 2 portions; set aside 1 portion to serve.
2) Cut chicken fillets into cubes. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Thread onto barbecue sticks.
3) Pre-heat a grill or grill pan. Grill skewers, basting with prepared sauce and turning until chicken is cooked through.
4) Make the garlic-calamansi spinach: Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant and starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove garlic from pan; set aside. Increase heat to high. Add spinach to pan in batches, waiting for leaves to wilt before adding the next batch. Cook, tossing, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain liquid from pan and add garlic. Add calamansi juice. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Serve chicken skewers with garlic-calamansi spinach and extra sauce on the side.