Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
* 1 ½ cup quick cooking oats
* 1 tsp baking soda
* ½ tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ cup margarine, olive oil based, softened
* ¾ cup peanut butter, natural, sweetened
* ½ cup muscovado sugar
* 1 large egg white
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup dark chocolate, chunks or butons
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F.
2) In a food processor, pulse oats until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl. Sift baking soda and baking powder over oats. Stir in salt. Set aside.
3) In another large bowl, beat margarine and peanut butter, then muscovado sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg whites until well mixed. Add vanilla extract , then oat mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in dark chocolate.
4) Use an ice cream scoop to measure dough and drop onto a non-stick sheet pan with about 2 inches space between mounds. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until centers are set and edges are crisp. Let cool on the baking pan before serving.