Shrimp in Lemon Sauce
* ½ kg shrimp, heads removed, deveined
* 4 tbsp butter
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
* ½ cup beer, lager
* 1 medium red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
* ½ lemon, juiced
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Bring steamer to a simmer according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Add suahe. Steam for 5 minutes or until shrimps are opaque and bright orange throughout.
2) Melt butter, meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, beer, onion and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Let reduce until shrimps are done cooking.
3) Transfer shrimps to the pan with the lemon sauce. Baste. Serve immediately.