Kimchi and Spam Fried Rice
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
* 1 (400 gram) can button mushrooms, sliced and drained
* ½ cup kimchi, roughly chopped
* 2 tbsp kimchi, liquid only
* 1 ½ tbsp gochujang
* ¼ cube chicken bouillon
* ½ cup water
* 3 cups brown rice, and red rice, day-old
* 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
* 1 cup nori, sliced into strips
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) In a large wok over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms, then Spam , cooking until each is heated through.
2) Add kimchi, kimchi liquid, gochujang, bouillon cube and water. Stir to mix and dissolve bouillon cube into the mixture. Add rice and toss to coat.
3) Add green peas and toss to mix. Once peas are heated through, stir in nori then season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.