* 4 pieces egg, separated
* ½ cup sugar
* ¾ cup all purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* sweetened whipped cream
* almonds, sliced
* ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 1 ½ tbsp honey
* ½ tsp ground cinnamon
* orange zest
* 3 tbsp brandy
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F. Grease and flour the bottom of an 8×2-inch square or round pan.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with sugar until thick and light yellow in color. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold in the yolk mixture.
4) Combine flour and baking powder then sift over the batter. Carefully fold into the beaten egg mixture.
5) Pour into the pan and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, about 20 minutes.
6) To make the syrup, combine the sugar, water, honey, cinnamon and orange peel in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then let boil for a minute.
7) Remove from heat and take out the orange peel. Stir in brandy, rum or liqueur. Cool.
8) Prick the baked cake with a toothpick all over. Pour the syrup over the cake and let stand so cake gets to absorb the syrup.
9) Cut into portions and plate. Before serving, top with whipped cream and almonds then dust with some ground cinnamon.