Ginataang Manok with Luyang Dilaw
* 3 tbsp. cooking oil
* 1 medium red onion, sliced
* 2 pieces turmeric, sliced
* 1 (1-inch) ginger, sliced
* 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into pieces
* 2 cup coconut cream
* 3 pieces green chilies (siling pangsigang), sliced
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
1) Pre-heat oil in a medium pot and sauté onion, turmeric and ginger. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2) Add the coconut cream and green chili. Let it simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
3) Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.