Pork Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew)
* 1 tbsp cooking oil
* 1 tbsp garlic chopped
* 1 medium sized onion, chopped
* 1 kilo pork (use pork belly or pork loin), cut into cubes
* 1 kilo pork blood
* 1 cup vinegar
* 1 cup water
* 2 pieces long green chilies (siling pangsigang)
* 2 tbsp. brown sugar
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
1) Sauté the garlic and onion in pre-heated oil until translucent.
2) Add the pork and cook until some of the fat from the pork has rendered.
3) Add water, vinegar and the pork blood. Simmer until thick or for 30 minutes.
4) Add in the long green chilies and sugar. Season with salt and pepper Let it simmer over low flame for 15 minutes. Serve warm.