Spicy Beef Adobo
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 10 cloves garlic, peeled
* 1 tsp ground black pepper, freshly ground
* 500 grams beef brisket, sliced into cubes
* 1 cup vinegar
* ½ cup soy sauce
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 3 bird’s eye chilies, chopped, plus whole chilies for garnish
* salt (to taste)
*steamed rice (to serve)
* green onions, chopped (to garnish)
1) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and pepper. Cook until garlic is browned, about 3 minutes.
2) Add beef and cook until browned all sides.
3) Add vinegar, soy sauce and 1 cup water. Simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour. Add more water if mixture dries up.
4) Once beef is tender, add sugar and chopped chilies. Season with salt. Simmer until sauce is reduced about 10 minutes.
5) Garnish adobo with green onions. Serve with rice and extra chilies.