Easy Tofu Sisig
* 2 blocks, around 300 grams each firm tofu or tokwa, rinsed and patted dry
* 2 red onions, diced, divided
* 10 cloves garlic, minced, divided
* 1 siling labuyo, minced
* 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
*vegetable oil, as needed
*3 tbsp soy sauce
*1 tbsp ginger, grated or finely minced
* ½ tsp black pepper
*1 tsp coarse salt
*1 tsp black pepper
*3 tbsp cane vinegar
*1 tbsp muscovado sugar
*1 tbsp calamansi juice
1) Slice one 300-gram tofu block into 1/4-inch cubes. Place in a bowl and toss with marinade ingredients. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
2) Slice the other 300-gram tofu block into ¼-inch thick slabs. Rub both sides with the dry rub ingredients. Warm a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the dry rubbed tofu slabs until crispy and golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined dish ; when cool enough to handle, chop into ¼-inch cubes and set aside.
3) Warm another 1 tablespoon of oil in the same frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté 1 diced onion, 5 minced garlic cloves and the sili labuyo until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the marinated tofu and bell pepper; stir-fry , mixing occasionally , until the tofu browns and the bell pepper softens, about 7 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and add the remaining 1 onion, 5 garlic cloves, fried tofu and sauced ingredients. Mix well and serve with sliced calamansi and brown rice.
Crispy Tofu Sisig by Knorr
Crispy Tofu Sisig by HeaRty’s Haven
Tofu Sisig by Dine Philippines