* ½ kilo flank steak
* ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, divided
* ¾ cup pickle relish, drained
* 3 small red bell peppers, steam and seeds removed, finely chopped
* 2 small green bell peppers, steam and seeds removed, finely chopped
* 2 tbsp oil
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1 (400 gram) can tomatoes, diced
* ½ cup water
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Lay beef flat on a cutting board. Slice beef horizontally to open into a large thin layer of meat. Season both sides with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Reserve 1 tablespoon of pesto, then spread remaining pesto over meat. Spread pickle relish and bell peppers over meat, keeping about an inch on one long side free of the vegetables.
2) Roll meat tightly starting from the border, without any vegetables. Place seam side down. Using butcher’s twine, tie in 2-inch sections along the length of the meat. Once tied, cut between the tied-off sections. Set aside. Start up the grill.
3) Meanwhile, make the sun-dried tomato sauce: In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook, until softened. Stir in reserved pesto. Then add diced tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until slightly thickened. Season with soy sauce. Remove from heat. Set aside.
4) Place morcon pieces on the grill. Grill both sides, about 12 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and serve with tomato sauce on the side.