Dark Hot Cocoa Mix
* 2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
* 2 ¼ cups Dutch-processed cocoa, sifted
* 2 ½ cups powdered milk
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely (for a more premium mix, increase the chocolate to ½ or 2/3 cup)
1) Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to incorporate the mixture evenly; the mixture should be one uniform color.
2) Store in air-tight containers in a cool, dark place. This will keep indefinitely, as long as mixture stays dry.
To make a single serving of hot cocoa: Combine ¾ cup of hot water and ¼ cup milk in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a rapid simmer. Whisk in 3 to 4 tablespoons of dark hot cocoa mix until completely dissolved and foamy. Pour into heatproof mug and enjoy.