No Bake Chocolate Mud Pie
(For the chocolate crust)
* 1 ½ cup chocolate cookie crumbs, more for topping
* ¼ cup butter, melted
(For the dark chocolate pudding):
* ¼ cup cornstarch
* 1/3 cup sugar
* ¼ cup cocoa powder
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
* 1 ½ cup fresh milk
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Make chocolate crust: Mix ingredients together in a bowl, and press into an 8-inch pie pan. Chill until ready to use.
2) Make Dark Chocolate Pudding: In a saucepan, mix all ingredients. Place over medium heat and cook, whisking, until mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and simmer only until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and pour onto the chilled crust. Chill until completely cold.
3) When ready to serve, whip whipped cream until soft peaks. Dollop onto chilled pudding and spread near the edges. Sprinkle whipped cream with additional chocolate crumbs. Serve cold.