Spicy Beef Noodle Soup
* ½ kilos beef kenchi, whole
* 5 cups water
* 2 teaspoons oil
* 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
* 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, chopped
* 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
* 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
* 4 packs instant noodles, seasoning pouches discarded
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Put beef and water in a pressure cooker. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, lock lid into place and cook for 1 hour or until tender. Once tender, remove beef from stock and strain liquid to remove the scum. Return beef into the liquid to prevent drying out and set aside until ready to serve.
2) Meanwhile, in a pot over medium high heat, heat oil. Once hot, add ginger, garlic and lemongrass. Cook until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook until heated through. Stir in chili garlic sauce. Pour in beef stock from the cooked beef. Stir to mix and season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
3) Place noodles into the soup and simmer for 3 minutes or until noodles are tender.
4) To serve, ladle soup into bowls, dividing noodles equally among bowls. Slice beef thinly and top each bowl with beef slices. Serve hot.