Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
* 6 corn tortillas (6-inch, sliced in half and cut crosswise into ¼-inch strips)
* 3 tbsp olive oil (divided)
* 1 sweet onion (diced)
* 1 poblano pepper (seeded and diced)
* 3 cloves garlic (minced)
* 2 tbsp. tomato paste
* 1 tbsp. chili powder
* 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 20 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
* 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
* 4 cups chicken stock
* kosher salt
* freshly ground black pepper
* ½ cup cilantro leaves (chopped fresh)
* 1 avocado (halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
2) In a large bowl, combine tortillas and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place tortillas in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10-15 minutes; set aside and let cool completely.
3) Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high sauté setting. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
4) Stir in garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and oregano until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5) Stir in tomatoes, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
6) Stir in chicken and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove chicken from the Instant Pot® and shred, using two forks.
7) Stir in chicken and cilantro until heated through, about 1 minute.
8) Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips and avocado.