Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
* 3 tbsp butter
* 1 tbsp cooking oil
* 1 kilo chicken, use thigh or drumstick cuts
* 2 tbsp flour
* 1 cup chicken stock
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
1) Melt butter in a pre-heated pan then add some cooking oil.
2) Brown chicken on all the sides then set aside.
3) Using the same pan, add the flour and mix until the butter and the flour are combined to make a roux.
4) Add the chicken stock or water then let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cooked chicken and button mushrooms.
5) Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.