* ½ pineapple, sliced
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
* 2 tbsp simple syrup, divided
* 2 cups clear soda (7-Up or Sprite)
* 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1) Make the topping: Coat pineapple slice with brown sugar. Place slice on a pan over high heat and allow to caramelize until brown. Cut into smaller pieces; set aside.
2) Fill 2 (12-ounce) glasses with pineapple juice until 1/3 full. Add 1 tablespoon syrup into each. Top up with soda. Add 2 scoops each vanilla ice cream. Top with caramelized pineapples. Serve immediately.