Peanut Butter and Pretzel Cookies
* 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* ¼ tsp. salt
* 1 ½ cup peanut butter (use crunchy peanut butter)
* ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
* ½ cup brown sugar
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* ½ cup pretzels (use chocolate coated pretzels), broken into pieces
1) Pre-heat oven to 350◦F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3) Mix together peanut butter, butter and sugars in another bowl; whisk until smooth. Add egg and mix until incorporated.
4) Add flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Fold in pretzels.
5) Divide mixture into 24 portions, forming golf ball sized pieces. Place 12 balls on each baking sheet. Using the tines of a fork, flatten balls slightly until about ¼ inch thick.
6) Bake in the pre-heated oven until browned and crunchy , about 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.