Creamy Macaroni Salad
* 1 (400 gram) pack elbow macaroni
* 5 slices bacon, chopped
* 1 red onion, small, peeled, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
* 1 carrot, small, peeled, chopped finely
* 1 red bell pepper, small, chopped finely
* 1 bunch string beans, cut into 1-inch length
* 1 cup sweet kernel corn, drained
* 1 cup all purpose cream
* 1 (227 gram) block cream cheese, cubed, softened
* salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
* water, as needed
1) Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Keep warm.
2) Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat while pasta cooks. Cook bacon until crisp. Scoop bacon from pan, and transfer to a rack over paper towels. Remove excess bacon fat, leaving just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
3) Sauté onion then garlic in the same pan until translucent. Add carrot, bell pepper, string beans and finally, corn, cooking each until just heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl with macaroni.
4) Heat cream in the same pan over low heat. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and ground pepper, to taste. Pour over macaroni and toss with bacon to coat. Season to taste and serve while warm.