Chicken and Rice Casserole
* 2 ½ cups cooked chicken (diced)
* 2 cups cooked rice
* 2 carrots (peeled and finely chopped)
* 1 ½ cup whole milk
* 1 cup chicken broth
* ½ cup parmesan cheese
* ½ cup breadcrumbs
* ¾ cup frozen peas (thawed)
* ¼ cup all-purpose flour
* 6 tbsp unsalted butter (divided)
* kosher salt
* freshly ground pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2) In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter, then whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
3) While whisking continuously, gradually pour in milk and chicken broth and stir until totally incorporated.
4) Add chicken, rice, and veggies to the broth mixture and season with salt and pepper.
5) Transfer chicken and rice mixture to baking dish and sprinkle parmesan and breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
6) Cut up remaining butter into small pieces and dot those over the breadcrumbs.
7) Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
8) Remove from oven and serve hot.