Creamy Chicken Soup
* ¼ cup butter
* ¼ cup all-purpose flour
* ½ cup whole milk
* 2 to 3 cups chicken stock
* 2 large carrots, boiled until soft
* ½ cup whole corn kernels
* ½ cup chicken, shredded
1) Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add flour and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute. Add milk and chicken stock (depending on your preferred consistency) ; mix well. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until thick, about 6 minutes.
2) Once your soup base is thick, add carrots and whole corn kernels. Whiz in a blender (an immersion blender works best) until smooth. Stir in shredded chicken. Simmer again until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Ladle into soup bowls and top with all-purpose cream and crispy chickpeas (roast chickpeas in the toaster oven with olive oil, salt and pepper for about 20 minutes).