Shrimp and Peanut Noodles
* 350 grams spaghetti noodles
* ½ cup creamy peanut butter
* ¼ cup soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. all-purpose cream
* 2 tbsp. white vinegar
* ¼ cup sugar
* 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp. sesame oil
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 teaspoons grated ginger
* 400 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined, use medium sized shrimp
* 1 (198 gram) can shiitake mushrooms, drained and sliced
* ¾ cup dry roasted peanuts
* ½ cup sliced green onions ( ½-inch lengths)
1) Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserve pasta cooking water and set aside.
2) Mix peanut butter, soy sauce, cream, vinegar and sugar in a bowl; stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
3) Heat oils in a large pan or wok over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shrimps and cook until they turn pink. Remove shrimps from the pan; set aside.
4) Add mushrooms to the same pan; sauté for 1 minute. Add peanut butter mixture and ¼ cup pasta cooking water. Simmer for 2 minutes.
5) Add peanuts and cooked spaghetti; toss to combine. If sauce is too thick, add another ¼ cup pasta cooking water. Season with salt. Add shrimps and green onions; toss to combine.
6) Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.