* 3 tbsp white onions, minced
* ¼ cup green bell peppers, diced
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* ½ cup potatoes, boiled, diced
* ¼ cup bacon, cooked, crumbled
* ¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated
* 4 eggs
* ½ cup whipping cream
* 3 (8-inch) puff pastry sheets, thawed overnight and chilled
* 2 eggs, beaten lightly with 1 teaspoon of water
1) Sauté white onions and green bell pepper in olive oil until soft. Remove from heat. Stir in potatoes and bacon or sausage. Let cool. Stir in sharp cheddar cheese.
2) Beat together eggs and whipping cream; set aside. Cut 24 ( ½-inch) rounds from 3 (8-inch) puff pastry sheets. Grease mini muffin tins. Mold pastry rounds into cups. Brush with egg wash (2 eggs beaten lightly with 1 teaspoon water.)
3) Fill each cup with about cheese filling. Pour in egg mixture, filling almost to the brim. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and centers are set.
* 4 tbsp sea salt
* 2 tbsp ground black pepper
* 2 tbsp ground pink peppercorns
* 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
* 1 slab beef, use a 4-kilo slab boneless prime rib
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 500 grams beef soup bones
* 2 large white onions, sliced into 6 pieces
* 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
* 2 stalks celery, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
* 1 bottle dry red wine (use 750 mL bottle)
* 2 stalks parsley
* 5 sprigs rosemary, or thyme
* 3 bay leaves, crushed
* 1 tsp black peppercorns
* 2 ½ cups beef stock (or chicken stock)
* 1 ½ tbsp butter
* 2 ½ tbsp all purpose flour
1) Pre-heat oven to 275◦F.
2) Combine sea salt, black pepper, pink peppercorns and rosemary in a small bowl.
3) Pat dry beef with paper towels. Season with peppercorn mixture on all sides. Place beef, fat side up, on a wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, make the red wine sauce: Heat oil in a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepot over high heat. When almost smoking, sear beef bones until browned. Set aside.
5) In the same pot, add onions, carrots and celery. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and browned.
6) Add wine, parsley, rosemary or thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns. Let wine reduce to half.
7) Return beef bones to pot and add stock. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Transfer contents of the pot to a roasting pan.
8) Set wire rack with beef on top of roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the slab.
9) Place beef on the lower rack of the oven and roast until thermometer registers 125◦F for medium rare or 135◦F for medium, about 4 to 5 hours.
10) Remove beef from the oven, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
11) Strain sauce and set aside. Discard bones and vegetables.
12) Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until light brown. Add strained sauce and whisk until flour has dissolved. Cook until sauce thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt. Transfer to a serving dish.
13) Slice meat as desired, arrange on a platter and serve with red wine sauce.
Are you sick and tired of that bas-kil (“basang kili-kili”) feeling? Ashamed to raise those dark underarms especially when commuting or riding a jeep? Worry no more as Flawless Whitening and Anti-Perspirant Deo is here to put an end to all your problems or under-arm concerns.
I’ll be writing another product review on one of my new Flawless products which is the Flawless Whitening and Anti-Perspirant Deo. I ordered this product since I’m also having concerns when it comes to my under-arm and I just made the right decision in purchasing this one.
So, here’s my product review. For the first part, I’ll be discussing about the description, direction for use, ingredients and safety pre-cautions when using this product.
Product Description: So basically, Flawless Whitening and Anti-Perspirant Deo is a product which lightens your dark underarms and helps protect against body odor all day, making you feel fresh and worry free from that bas-kil or what we call the basang kili kili feeling, making you feel confident to raise those underarms.
Directions For Use: Tip bottle upside down. Roll on underarms.
1) Make the sautéed longganisa: Heat oil in a small pan. Sauté longganisa, garlic and onions for 3 to 5 minutes or until meat is cooked. Add thyme and mix. Set aside.
2) Make the buttered spinach: Melt butter and heat oil in a pan. Sauté spinach and cashews for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3) Pound butterflied pork with a meat mallet to flatten and even out.
4) Combine herbs and 1 tablespoon olive oil; rub mixture all over meat, reserving some for the outside of the roll. Sprinkle garlic on top of butterflied pork. Spread kesong puti on top of garlic, leaving a border around the edges. Place spinach mixture on the center in a cylindrical shape, then place longganisa mixture on top of spinach. Carefully roll meat to enclose the stuffing. Truss pork roll with kitchen twine. Rub the outside with reserved herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Pre-heat oven to 360˚F.
6) Heat remaining oil and butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Sear rolled pork until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Reserve oil.
7) Place tenderloin on a baking sheet and roast in the pre-heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through. Brush once or twice during roasting with reserved oil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with drippings from roasting.
* 3 tbsp canola oil
* 600 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
* 1 medium onion, quartered
* 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
* 3 tbsp shrimp paste, or bagoong alamang
* 2 tsp white vinegar
* 1 tsp white sugar
* 1 to 2 pieces green chilies (siling pangsigang)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* ½ cup okra, sliced
1) Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Fry chicken for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until light golden brown in color. Remove chicken from the wok and let drain on paper towels. Option to remove excess oil from pan and just leave about 2 tablespoons.
2) In the same wok, sauté onions, garlic, tomatoes and shrimp paste for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the vinegar and let simmer for one minute. Bring the chicken back to the wok, together with the sugar and sili ; mix well. Simmer further if needed. Season to taste. Place cooked chicken on a serving platter. Cook the okra in the same wok for 1 minute then place on top of chicken.