Creamy Pumpkin Maple Spiced Oatmeal
* ½ cup oats (instant or quick cooking)
* 1 cup low fat milk
* 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
* ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
* ¼ tsp. cinnamon
* 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
* 2 tbsp. chopped pecans
1) Place the oats, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, and cinnamon into a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until the oatmeal is creamy and slightly thickened.
2) To serve, drizzle the maple syrup over the top of the oatmeal and sprinkle with the pecans.
* This breakfast recipe yields one hearty cup serving or 2 smaller servings.
* Adapted from Homemade Nutrition.