Soft & Chewy
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
* ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened)
* ¼ cup granulated sugar
* ¾ cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
* 1 large egg
* 1 large egg yolk
* 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
* 1 cup old fashioned oats
* ¼ cup cornstarch
* 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* ¾ tsp kosher salt (to taste)
* 12 ounces raisins
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F andline baking sheets with parchment.
2) Place thebutter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl andbeat on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy (3 to 5 minutes).
3) Add the egg,
egg yolk, and vanilla, beating until completely incorporated.
4) Scrape thebottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the flour, oats,cornstarch, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, stirring on medium-low speed justuntil all the ingredients are combined (do not over-mix).
5) Stir in the
6) Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared sheets,allowing about two inches in between (for spreading).
(one sheet at a time) on the center rack of the oven for 7 to 9 minutes,
or until set around the edges and just barely beginning to turn golden.
completely on the baking sheet, then transfer to an air-tight container for