Halloween Pumpkin Soup With Smoked Bacon
* 1 scoop butter (about a teaspoon)
* 1 onion (diced)
* 8 slices smoked bacon (diced)
* 2 pounds pumpkin (fresh, peeled de-seeded and cubed, small size pumpkin)
* 1 tbsp. tomato puree
* 2 pints chicken stock
* ½ cup cream
* 2 slices smoked bacon (grilled + chopped for garnish)
1) Melt the butter in large heavy bottomed pot. Add onion dices, raw diced smoked bacon and pumpkin flesh.
2) Sweat for about 6-8 minutes med heat to release the flavours. Add the tomato puree and stir. Then pour in the stock and stir in the cream. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Liquidise with a hand blender and season to taste.
3) TO SERVE – Pour soup onto bowl and sprinkle the cooked bacon pieces on top. Serve with a warm slice of crusty garlic bread and enjoy…..