Hummus With Grilled Vegetables
* 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more, to drizzle
* 2 cloves garlic, minced very finely
* 2 tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 tbsp. tahini
* salt (to taste)
* 2 large red bell peppers, cleaned and sliced thinly
* 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
* 1 large zucchini, sliced into wedges
* 2 rounds pita bread
1) Make the hummus: Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse several times, adding about 2 to 3 tablespoons warm water to make the mixture smooth. Chill until ready to serve. Hummus will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.
2) Toss peppers, asparagus and zucchini in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt just before grilling.
3) Grill vegetables until tender. Heat pita rounds and slice into triangles.
4) Drizzle olive oil on top of hummus and garnish with whole chickpeas. Serve with grilled vegetables and pita triangles.