Bacon And Cheese Bread
* 2 ½ tsp. instant yeast
* ¼ cup water
* 1 cup milk
* 2 tsp. salt
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 3 ½ cups bread flour
* 8 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
* ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated finely
* 2 tbsp. butter (for greasing)
1) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine all ingredients except for bacon and cheese; knead until a soft dough forms (You can also combine them in a bowl and knead by hand).
2) Add bacon and knead until combined.
3) Adjust dough’s consistency with additional flour or water as needed. The dough should be soft and not sticky. Knead for about 10 minutes until smooth.
4) Add cheese. Knead just until cheese is mixed into the dough.
5) Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Allow to rise until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
6) Transfer dough into a lightly greased, clean work surface. Divide dough into two portions. Pat first portion and roll into an 8×8-inch square with a rolling pin. Afterwards, roll into an 8-inch log. Transfer log into a lightly greased 8×4-inch loaf pan, then leave to rise for 45 minutes or until dough doubles in size. Repeat with second portion.
7) Pre-heat oven to 325◦F. Bake bread for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.