Short Ribs Caldereta
* ½ tbsp. butter
* ½ tbsp. olive oil
* ½ tsp. garlic, chopped
* 2 tbsp. onion, chopped
* 1/8 Spanish chorizo, sliced into thin rounds
* ¼ cup mushrooms, quartered
* 2 tbsp. green bell pepper (roasted), sliced into thin cubes
* ½ tsp. paprika
* 1 tbsp. green olives, sliced
* 350 grams beef (use short ribs), braised/softened (set aside braising liquid for beef stock)
* 1 tbsp. liquid seasoning
* pinch cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp. tomato paste
* 2 tbsp. brandy
* ½ cup beef stock
* 1 cup pomodor sauce or store bought tomato sauce
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. cream
* ½ tsp. parsley sprigs, chopped
* chili oil (optional)
1) In a pan, melt butter with olive oil. Saute garlic, onions and chorizo. Add mushrooms , bell peppers, paprika and olives. Add ribs; cook for about 2 minutes or until browned. Add liquid seasoning, cayenne pepper and tomato paste; mix.
2) Deglaze pan with brandy and let simmer for about 2 minutes or until alcohol is evaporated. Add stock, pomodoro sauce and sugar. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until you have reached achieved consistency. Top with cream then turn off the fire. Mix well.
3) To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle with chili oil, if desired.