* ½ cup olive oil, divided
* 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
* 150 grams chistorra sausage, casings removed and crumbled
* 2 chorizo de Pamplona, sliced into rounds
* 1 (210 gram) can chorizo de Bilbao, sliced into rounds
* 2 medium white onions, chopped
* 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
* 500 grams chicken breast fillets, cubed
* 3 cups Spanish Bomba rice
* 2 cubes chicken bouillon, crushed
* 2 tsps. paella seasoning (used Paellero)
* 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
* 2 tsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
* 6 cups chicken stock
* ½ cup dry white wine
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 1 (8 ounce) can pimiento, sliced into strips
* 3 tbsp. parsley leaves, chopped
* 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated, plus 50 grams sliced into strips
* fried basil leaves (to top)
* 1 to 2 lemons, sliced into wedges
1) Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 16-inch paella pan. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add sausage and chorizo, and fry in batches (one type per batch). Set aside.
2) In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Sauté onions and tomatoes until tender.
3) Add chicken and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Add rice, seasonings, and basil. Mix well.
5) Add chorizo mixture, stock, and wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Boil for 3 minutes. Cover with foil and a let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
6) Remove from the heat and top with cheese strips. Allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Top with lemons and fried basil leaves. Serve hot.