Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Pasta
* 150 grams bacon
* 5 leaves Romaine lettuce, chiffonade
* 2 baguio tomatoes, cubed and seeded
* 2 tsps. apple cider vinegar
* ¼ cup butter
* ½ cup finely chopped onions
* 3 tbsp. Japanese breadcrumbs
* 2 tsps. finely chopped parsley
* 250 grams spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
1) Lay bacon on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Set aside rendered bacon fat. Chop bacon into bits.
2) Mix bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and apple cider vinegar. Take 2 teaspoons rendered bacon fat from the pan and add to the mixture. Set aside.
3) In a pan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until translucent. Remove from pan from heat, then add breadcrumbs and parsley. Combine with bacon mixture.
4) Toss bacon-onion mixture and cooked pasta together. Serve warm.