Earl Grey French 75
(Earl-Grey infused gin)
* ½ cup gin (use Hendrick’s)
* 2 tea bags Earl Grey tea
(Honey simple syrup)
* 3 tbsp. honey
* 3 tbsp. water
* 1 ounce Earl Grey infused gin
* ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
* ½ ounce honey simple syrup
* Dry Champagne or Prosecco, for topping off the drink (a few ounces per drink)
* twist of lemon (as garnish)
1) To make the infused gin: Measure out the gin and submerge tea bags in the liquid. Cover the gin and let it seep for 1 hour. Then remove the tea bags, squeezing absorbed gin into the mixture before discarding the bags.
2) To make the honey simple syrup: In a tiny saucepan on the stove, combine honey and water. Warm over medium heat, whisking occasionally, just until the honey has melted into the water. Remove from heat.
3) To make a cocktail (you can make multiple drinks at once): Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in Earl Grey-infused gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in the proportions listed above. Securely fasten the cap on the shaker and shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain the liquid into Champagne glasses and top with Champagne. Garnish with a twist of lemon.
Note: Recipe inspired by Cafe Flora in Seattle.