Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
* 5 large red bell peppers
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 medium white onion, chopped
* 3 cups chicken stock
* ½ cup all-purpose cream
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* croutons (to serve)
1) Grill red bell peppers until skins are black and charred. Set aside to cool. Peel, core and chop roasted bell peppers.
2) In a saucepan, sauté garlic until fragrant. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add bell peppers and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
3) Puree mixture in a blender until smooth then strain through a sieve. Place mixture back in the pot. Stir in cream; season with salt and pepper. Serve with croutons, if desired.