* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 tbsp. baking powder
* ¼ cup butter, melted
* ½ cup evaporated milk
* 1 large egg, at room temperature
* 1 ¼ cup water
* 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, sliced
* liquid food coloring: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
* oil (for greasing)
1) Lightly grease muffin pans or individual puto molds with oil. Preheat the Cuisinart steam oven on the Steam function.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar and baking powder together and whisk until combined. Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg and water. Mix well.
3) Divide batter into 6 small bowls. Place 3-4 drops of different colors liquid food coloring into each bowl and mix until combined. You can adjust the amount of food coloring until you get your desired colors.
4) Place 1/2 tablespoon of each colored puto mixture into individual molds (or greased muffin pans) until half full.
5) Arrange the molds on a tray and place inside the prepared steam oven. Cook for 15 minutes. Add the cheese slices in the middle of each puto. And steam again for another 1 minute or just until the cheese has melted. Remove from steamer. Let stand for 5 minutes before unmolding.